THC & CBD Quick Facts
- cannabis THAT CONTAINS LESS THAN 0.3 PERCENT THC, is considered hemp and is available for purchase.
- cannabis THAT CONTAINS OVER 0.3 PERCENT THC can be found in states that have medical marijuana dispensaries or permit adult use of marijuana.
- THC AND CBD can both be psychoactive.
- ONLY THC can be intoxicating (meaning it creates a high).
Yes, CBD and THC are Cousins
- Take a look below to learn how much CBD and THC have in common:
- Both THC and CBD come from the cannabis sativa plant.
- THC and CBD are each one of more than 100 phytocannabinoids found in cannabis.
- CBD and THC both directly and indirectly impact multiple receptor systems in the body.
- Both CBD and THC require decarboxylation from their acids forms, CBDA and THCA, to become CBD and THC.
- Both THC and CBD have medicinal benefits.
Working Better Together
Many scientists believe that CBD and THC work better together, not in isolation (referred to as the “entourage effect“). For example, sometimes the healing properties of CBD are more effective when THC is also present.